The way to buy stuff on OLX has changed quite a bit. Firstly, you will not be able to reach a seller unless you're logged into OLX with your contact number or Facebook and secondly, everyone must have a profile for security.
You can contact the seller by tapping on the Chat button or the Call when you open the ad.
How does the new chat work?
The new chat comes with quite a few perks:
- While keeping your private information safe, you can arrange a meeting point and share Google Maps directions. By simply tapping on the attachment button in the bottom left corner.
- You can share images within chat.
- You can share voice messages by holding down the little mic icon in the bottom right corner.
- There are quick messages that appear above the text bar to make it fast and easy to chat with buyers and sellers.
- If there's a particular seller you buy regularly from, all your chats are in one thread with headers for each ad you're referring to as a header.
Read our tips on how to buy safely.